Sunday, December 14, 2014

Birds around Jabalpur

In Dec 2013, we visited my brother posted at Jabalpur and the following are some of the birds that I could capture with my Sony. Some of them were already in my collection, but it is always satisfying to shoot in different environments.


This bird is related to the pigeon was found in large numbers around Jabalpur including a large tree in front of the house. It is called "Eurasian Collared Dove"














This is the "Black Hooded Oriole"


















This is the "Oriental White Eye".











This is the "Nilgiri Flycatcher"





This bird of the raptor species is called the "Shikra". This bird and the capture is one of my favorites.






This cute little bird is called "Tickell's Blue Flycatcher".





This is the "Indian Grey Hornbill" which I found almost at the end of my visit. While returning back home in the evening, I noticed it perched at the end of a dried branch outlined against the the grey evening skyline. I was concerned that I would not have enough light, but just managed to capture a few decent shots.





This is the "Indian Golden Oriole"





This bird with the long wire like extensions on it's tail is appropriately called "Wire Tailed Swallow". These are usually found flying very fast around lakes. I was fortunate to catch this take a break on a small boat.






This is the "White Wagtail"





This bird is called the "Long Tailed Shrike".






This small colorful bird is very active and keeps hopping across the branches and makes a very distinctive hooting call. It is called the "Coppersmith Barbet"





This bird is called the "Oriental Magpie Robin".





This is another shrike called "Southern Gray Shrike"





This bird is called the "Common Hawk Cuckoo"





This bird is called the "Black Redstart"












This is "Red Wattled Lapwing" which is found all across the country at all small lakes and ponds.





This is the "Common Sandpiper"














No comments:

Post a Comment